Wednesday 12 December 2012

Fairy Wings & Pretty Things

Now that the weather has turned well and truly chilly I thought I would share some wonderfully wintry images that I shot back in October.  

Lisa had booked a children's photo shoot with her beautiful daughter Libby as a surprise for her husband's birthday present.  We met on a very chilly day during the half term holiday at the stunning location of Walton Hall in Warwickshire.  As soon as Libby stepped out of the car I knew the family photo shoot was going to be special.  Immaculately dressed in vintage colours and accessorised with fairy wings and wellies, Libby looked amazing!  With the temperature nearing zero we cracked on with the on location shoot, making use of the many lovely lakeside and woodland settings that Walton Hall has to offer.  

Now for those of you who are familiar with my work you'll know that I usually focus exclusively on black and white children's photography, but there are occasions when I get on a shoot and I see the glory on colour.  This children's photo shoot was one such occasion; the beautiful autumnal colours of the leaves on the ground toned perfectly with the muted colours of Libby's outfit.  So here, for the first time on the blog, are some colour images!

I know I often say this, but this really was one of my favourite shoots of the year.  The images show the pure beauty of on-location, natural light children's photography and they perfectly illustrate my simple approach to children's portraiture.

If you'd like to see more examples of my work as a children's photographer in Stratford Upon Avon , Warwickshire and the surrounding areas, please visit my website at www.sophiehewittphotography.co.uk 

Keep visiting the blog for special offers in the new year!








 






 











No comments:

Post a Comment