Saturday 9 March 2013

A Very Special Mum

With Mother's Day just around the corner I am dedicating today's blog to an extra special mum who will be spending tomorrow away from her family after being in hospital this week.

I met Emma at a party of a mutual friend and, as we stood watching our toddlers jiggling around on a bouncy castle, we started to chat away.  Within minutes it felt like we'd known each other for ages and we proceeded to spend the afternoon nattering and putting the world to rights.  A couple of days later Emma phoned to ask if I would photograph her and her beautiful daughter.  Emma had been poorly several months earlier and having recovered she wanted a series of natural images of her with her daughter having fun and being carefree.

We planned our on-location portrait shoot to take place at the wonderful Walton Hall in Warwickshire. The staff kindly gave us access to the grounds which are littered with the type of beautiful backdrops I can't get enough of...tree-lined avenues, a swan filled river and stunning architecture...oh, the choice!

The low but clear light on the morning of our mother and daughter portrait shoot was simply stunning, but with temperatures dropping to red nose levels we had to work quickly!  We had great fun capturing a real variety of beautiful natural light portrait shots before retreating into the warmth of the fireside restaurant where we drank comforting hot chocolates.

I am delighted with this series of natural light mum and daughter portrait photos and I hope you enjoy them too.  Emma chose to have a selection of the shots presented in triptych frames which tell a wonderful story that I'm sure she and her daughter will cherish for years to come.  I send her all my love for a speedy recovery from her hospital treatment this week and extra special thoughts tomorrow for Mother's Day.  A very special mum indeed.

If you would like me to capture photographs like these of you and your family please visit my website at www.SophieHewittPhotography.co.uk to see more of my work or give me a call on 07717 847125.

Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow to all the exceptional mums out there!












All images copyright Sophie Hewitt Photography

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sophie, we both thoroughly enjoyed the morning the location was beautiful and the photos taken were magical, just what i was after. We know have a collection of amazing, natural photos to show our daughter as she grows up. These will be cherished forever. Unfortunately I cannot be with her tomorrow but I can look at these memories of the day and think of how much fun and laughter we had. I will definatley be having more taken as she grows up.

    ReplyDelete