Sunday 15 January 2012

Children's Photography in Warwickshire

As a children's photographer in Warwickshire I am lucky to have many many beautiful places to choose from for my on location portrait photo shoots.  Today's post features some of my favourite images from a recent shoot with five-year-old Jack and his younger brother Josh, which involved me donning my wellies for a wonderful river walk!

We started the natural light portrait session with Jack and Josh hunting for fish and mini beasts in the babbling stream near to their nana's beautiful rural home.  Mum Fru had come well prepared with waterproof boots for the boys, but when a game of Star Wars ensued (using river reeds as impromptu light-sabres - very inventive!) the brothers became rather soggy.  After a warming hot chocolate and quick tumble dry of socks and soggy jeans at nana's house we continued the on location portrait shoot in the grounds and gardens surrounding the house.  Winter is such as wonderful time for outdoor children's photography and the cold crisp day resulted in some lovely natural light portraits.

The shoot lasted the whole morning and during that time I was able to capture a really diverse range of shots.  I hope the boys will treasure the photos in years to come - especially the ones that show the real bond between them.

To see more of the photos from this shoot and other examples of my work as a children's photographer in the Midlands, please visit my website at http://www.sophiehewittphotography.co.uk/








No comments:

Post a Comment